Yo Gabba Gabba Party!
So the first real big party I did was my daughters 2nds birthday, she insisted on Yo Gabba Gabba and of course I said ..yes dear. I jumped online and got a few ideas to get the ball rolling. Most of the stuff used I was able to find at the dollar store, if not there then Target or Michaels if absolutly neccesary.
The first item I tackled was one that I'm able to use year after year for her birthdays! Her birthday banner.
1 pack primary colors scrapbook paper (square)
10 pages patterned scrapbook paper (depending on how long)
1 pack of Rivets ( no tool necesarry! I just poked a whole using a knife or pen and pushed the rivets through with a hammer,the tool is another $10-20.00)
1 roll of ribbon
1 pack of paper letters from the dollar store
So my next attempt was at centerpieces. I think they turned out decent but this year I will for sure make them more "full."
DOLLAR STORE:
containers
florist foam
tissue paper
skewers
construction paper
..basically everything..you can't beat that!
The characters came from nick jr.com , a GREAT resource if your child loves a show from that channel. We made ones for all the characters, print 2 copies of each image and "sandwich" the skewer inbetween with some glue.
Next up, the Goodie bags!
For these I bought 1 pack of multi colored bags from Michaels, the pink came in a 2 pack from the Dollar store. The images were printed at home onto FULL page labels found at Staples. Simple and super cute!
Her party was held in the middle of June outside at one of our favorite parks. Since it would be a nice hot summer day I thought it would be nice to add a little something special to the tables that are oh so useful in the heat..fans!
Some large tounge depressors, ribbon, construction paper,and the print out is all you need. We still have one at our house and my daughter uses it when she plays.
Ok, so these were my absoulute pride and joy..I still love them and think they are the CUTEST trash cans ever..yes, trash cans..
All the poster boards were bought at the Dollar store, and stock up on construction paper from there as well. Get yourself tons of glue sticks from walmart (the cheapest place I found)
![]() |
..Lets just say we had Gabba EVERYWHERE..even on the silverware..rhyme?
Using the full sheet labels I printed the characters and stuck them onto the primary colored cardstock. Then they were taped to plain white silverware wrapers using double sided tape strips..I printed extra stickers of the characters and used them in the Pinata. Next time you go out to dinner as them for a stack..remember to tip your server well!
Last but not least was the cake. Now, I didn't make it myself but don't feel like you have to go spend tons of money on a fancy cake to go with the theme. Plus I was plenty busy this was my "get outta jail free card." I simply went down to Safeway and had a sheet cake made, added some cute candles and Viola! Cake is cake..its all delicious.
The colors matched perfectly!
Oh! Get some iron on transfers for a little special touch...















No comments:
Post a Comment